- Where should I direct my gift?
- Most donors make a gift to the Santa Clara Fund, an individual school or college, or the Athletics Department or Bronco Bench Foundation. You may also choose to support your reunion campaign.
- What is SCU’s federal tax ID number?
- SCU’s tax ID is 94-1156617. If you have questions, please contact the Development Office at 408.554.4400.
- How can I get a copy of my gift receipt?
- For online gifts, donors will receive an e-receipt that can be used for tax purposes. Please keep this receipt for recordkeeping purposes. A hard copy receipt will also be issued within two to three business days for online gifts and any gift made by check or phone. Recurring gifts are receipted with each transaction, unless a donor specifically asks for a consolidated receipt. Consolidated receipts are mailed out no later than January 31 for the previous year.
To request a replacement receipt, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 408-554-2100.
- How can I update my contact or credit card information?
- If you are an alumnus and a member of the alumni directory, join or log in to the address update page to update your information.
To update your credit card information, please contact Anna Weber at email@example.com or 408.554.4994.
- What is the Santa Clara Fund?
- The Santa Clara Fund supports student scholarships, academic enhancements, study abroad and immersion, and student initiatives. Many of today’s students benefit directly from gifts made to the Santa Clara Fund, as 84 percent of current undergraduates receive some form of financial assistance. Gifts to the Santa Clara Fund support the University’s core mission of educating leaders of competence, conscience, and compassion.
- Can I split my gift across different designations?
- Yes. You can split your gift across multiple different funds—those supporting particular schools, centers, departments, programs, scholarships, and many more. Simply select which funds from the online giving form drop-down and click add designation, or let us know on the phone what you wish to support.
- I received a call from an SCU student. Can you tell me more about the student callers?
- The Santa Clara University Student Call Center operates under the Development Office, reaching out to alumni, parents, and friends of the University and sharing in the past and current Santa Clara University experience. To learn more about the Student Call Center and the students who work there, please click here.
- What calendar does SCU use to recognize gifts?
- Santa Clara University’s fiscal year runs from July 1 to June 30.
- Who is considered a Loyal Bronco or a President’s Club donor?
- A Loyal Bronco is any donor who has given any amount for two or more consecutive fiscal years or an alumnus who has attended two or more Alumni Events in an academic year and/or served on a University-sponsored volunteer board and attended Alumni Event.
A President’s Club donor is any alumni, parent, or friend who demonstrates their commitment to Santa Clara University by annually contributing a total of $1,000 or more. Current undergraduates and young alumni receive President’s Club benefits at the following levels:
• Current undergraduates: $50
• Undergraduate alumni four years out or less: $100
• Undergraduate Alumni five to nine years out: $500