As part of building an inclusive environment for a diverse student body, we seek to meet the economic, social, and educational needs of all engineering students, from tuition to tools. In recent years, the School of Engineering launched new initiatives to expand and strengthen inclusive engineering efforts, including the following:
- Supporting access and affordability through targeted scholarship funds.
- Underwriting the costs for underrepresented students to attend career-oriented conferences.
- Awarding De Novo Fellowships to outstanding students from underrepresented groups to work on research projects with faculty mentors who are committed to increasing diversity in STEM.
- Building a mentorship program which pairs alumni with current students, along with a new alumni and student networking program.
- Facilitating Diversity, Equity and Inclusion lecture and panel discussion series featuring national STEM leaders.
- Recruiting a more diverse faculty.